The most common dumpster rental size is 20 yards. It is a versatile size that can accommodate a variety of waste materials, making it a popular choice for both residential and commercial projects.
Here are some other common dumpster sizes
- 10 yards: Ideal for smaller projects, such as a bathroom remodel or a small home cleanout.
- 30 yards: A good size for medium-sized projects, such as a kitchen remodel or a garage cleanout.
- 40 yards: A large size that can accommodate a significant amount of waste, such as a major home renovation or demolition.
- 45 yards: The largest size commonly available, ideal for very large projects, such as commercial construction or demolition.
The cost of dumpster rental varies depending on the size of the dumpster, the length of the rental period, and the location of the rental. The cost of a 20-yard dumpster typically ranges from \$200 to \$500 per week.
Here are some tips for renting a dumpster
- Choose the right size dumpster: Make sure to choose a dumpster that is large enough to accommodate the amount of waste you will be generating.
- Get multiple quotes: Get quotes from several dumpster rental companies before making a decision. This will help you get the best price for the service.
- Be clear about your needs: Be clear with the dumpster rental company about your needs. This includes the size of the dumpster, the length of the rental period, and the delivery and pickup dates.
- Read the fine print: Before signing any contracts, be sure to read the fine print. This will help you understand the terms of the rental agreement.
Additional factors to consider when renting a dumpster
- The type of waste: Some dumpsters are designed for specific types of waste, such as construction debris or hazardous materials. Make sure to choose a dumpster that is appropriate for the type of waste you will be disposing of.
- The location of the rental: The cost of dumpster rental can vary depending on the location of the rental. In some areas, there may be additional fees for permits or disposal.
- The availability of dumpsters: During peak seasons, such as spring and fall, dumpsters may be in high demand. Be sure to book your rental in advance to avoid any delays.
By following these tips, you can rent a dumpster with confidence and avoid any surprises.